From the Dallas Center Globe, we found that in June, 1878, Judge Callvert appointed M. Sines, B.T. Halstead, C.C. Tyler, C.F.M. Clarke and G.S. Wharton as commissioners to hold an election for incorporation. They designated July 2nd as the big day. The election was a success with 35 votes for and 15 against. The first election of officers for the incorporated town of Waukee was held the 24th of July. The flowing were elected to office:
Mayor – T.F. Howe
Recorded – W.E. Humphrey
Trustees: (or town council) – A.T.Blackman, C.C. Tyler, Pat Hogan, C.F.M. Clarke, W.H. Wood, Taylor Bates
Assessor – John A. Houston.
The council held their first meeting after qualifying and passed their first ordinance by unanimous vote.
“Ordinance No. 1” – The sale of spirituous or vinous liquors is prohibited within two miles of the corporate limits of Waukee.
After that time, records were lost, but there is reference to E.B. Sines as a former mayor in 1880.